Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quelle surprise!


To recognize the effots of public service employees in Public Affairs, an annual awards ceremoney is held.

There were refreshments, goodies, handshakes and more.
I am recently new to the world of public service, having about eight months under my belt. I'm what you'd perhaps call a 'recent grad', although I received my BA three years ago, and a post-grad certificate in Comms two years ago...... the last year was spent bartending and desperately seeking real world work.

Myself, and the team I work with, were this year's recipients (SO very much deserved.. hurray!). And as our reward we get to choose from a rather large list of things - things that range from kitchen supplies, jewellery, and random 'handy' things.
My choice, yet to be confirmed, is this fab espresso/cappucino machine - hoping it will limit my starbucks cafe misto purchasing. All I'll need now is that yum vanilla syrup and the travel mug that looks like the white carboard cup!

Happy faux-starbucks-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment