Fabulous.I 'invested' / I bought my first couch that is not from Ikea!! Although I do enjoy Ikea, just not on saturdays unless I'm sporting sneakers and elbow pads. And, I decided long before I even signed my lease, that when I have my own place, I will decorate it with non-turfing materials. And by that I mean, not just going out and purchasing the cheapest thing just because they are cheap. But buying only what I need, and ensuring it is sustainable, and will be loved for years.
And so I purchased a slightly traditional tuxedo sofa, from EQ3. See photo. Ha. Note the photo is not the colour I chose. It's the "Solo" (disregarding the notion that I'm single and my couch is solo, har har), and its deep seats with a high back. Just lovely.
I was having issues with choosing colours, especially to "COORDINATE" (my new 'decorating' word) with my gorgeous gold chairs. My great friend Megan, (who has admitted she in fact does not read my blog - she's a lawyer, almost, I'll forgive her) came into town this weekend and helped me "COORDINATE" a colour scheme, and material selection. Initially, I was scoping out the lowest priced microsuede, to get the best value. However, Megan reminded me that I like things to look neat. Not always fabulously clean, but just neat. And thus the microsuede will always look messy to me. I upped the anti and got a fabric, in "Slate", which is a really dark grey with black and perhaps a blue woven in. I love love love it. It's masculine, it's sharp, and it's going to arrive in two friggen months. That's what I get I guess.
EQ3 was the best shopping experience ever. The general manager, a girl just slightly older than me who had a similar taste, sat down with me and talked about what I wanted in a living room; what I wanted it to feel like. I've never had that type of experience before. I hate to say it, but it was probably like being treated like an actual adult.. maybe. Almost. Anyhow, I got to choose the colour (out of at least 40 shades), and the type/colour of legs. And when it's ordered it's basically custom made for me, in Canada no less. Winnipeg!
I'm used to Ikea. You go in, you write it all down, and someone puts an order in an computer and you pay for it. However, with Ikea you do get it within a few days at least. Not 7 weeks at the least. Sigh. Good things come to those who wait.
It's T-exactly seven days until I get the keys to my new place. And T-nine days until I have a vacation. Which comes at the exactly perfect time as I've banked approximately 30 hours in overtime since last Wednesday. Its driving me a little batty. I am taking wednesday off though. yay!
LOVE that couch!
ReplyDelete