
Well it's been a while since I last posted. Work has upped the anti, so to speak.
However! An update is definitely required as I have big news (well, it's big to me) and then also fun for blogging about.
I have for quite some time, wanted to try living alone. So after months and months of searching for my very own special place, I finally found it. I signed a lease today for a 2 bedroom apartment, on the second floor of an old heritage home downtown. I am thrilled!
Needless to say I'm also thrilled to decorate! I sold my couch, in hopes of being able to buy 'adult' matchy furniture. I admit, I'm not the best at decorating.. I like things. I can pick out pretty things, however, putting it all together doesn't come that easy for me. I have a sister who is fabulous at decorating, on a budget, and a good friend who is an aspiring (and proved) decorator.
After signing my lease today, and sipping my peach italian soda, I went off to some home stores. Just for fun. I ended up buying this pretty (useful, and cheap) kitchen ulility ceramic canister, complete with all little utilities like wooden spoons, spatulas, and various other measuring thingies and tools. I also bought, for my fabulous espresso machine, 2 adorable black espresso cups and saucers. Just big enough for a teaspoon of foam.
Then - off to Pier 1. My dream store. Seriously, if I could, I'd buy it all. I can't at this point, so I bought my 'starting point' for decorating.
However! An update is definitely required as I have big news (well, it's big to me) and then also fun for blogging about.
I have for quite some time, wanted to try living alone. So after months and months of searching for my very own special place, I finally found it. I signed a lease today for a 2 bedroom apartment, on the second floor of an old heritage home downtown. I am thrilled!
Needless to say I'm also thrilled to decorate! I sold my couch, in hopes of being able to buy 'adult' matchy furniture. I admit, I'm not the best at decorating.. I like things. I can pick out pretty things, however, putting it all together doesn't come that easy for me. I have a sister who is fabulous at decorating, on a budget, and a good friend who is an aspiring (and proved) decorator.
After signing my lease today, and sipping my peach italian soda, I went off to some home stores. Just for fun. I ended up buying this pretty (useful, and cheap) kitchen ulility ceramic canister, complete with all little utilities like wooden spoons, spatulas, and various other measuring thingies and tools. I also bought, for my fabulous espresso machine, 2 adorable black espresso cups and saucers. Just big enough for a teaspoon of foam.
Then - off to Pier 1. My dream store. Seriously, if I could, I'd buy it all. I can't at this point, so I bought my 'starting point' for decorating.
See picture.
Large. Square. Frilly purple tafetta pillow. I love it! It's by far the most girly thing I could buy in terms of decor (or that I would buy). We'll see where go from here.
I am however, quite freaked out about how much stuff I actually require. It makes me think I should throw a 'I married myself' party, or can I actually have a housewarming party and have a registry? at Pier 1? (or in reality, loblaws?). I need cookware, plates, a toaster, and a microwave! Not to mention cleaning products, oh my! amongst a living room set, and decor! I feel sick. No more shoe shopping for me.
Ack.
I may write again.. or I may sell my computer in order to cook food.
Wait and see.
N
No comments:
Post a Comment