
Well, today was fun.
It's not every day when your mother encourages you to spend your hard earned cash on two pretty chairs for an apartment you can hardly remember.
I had thought I decided on buying a matching sofa, chair, and ottoman by Cindy Crawford Home. You can only imagine the jokes of 'hanging out with Cindy'. However! Once more I made a visit to Pier 1, and found some pieces that will be a wonderful 'check' on my quest to complete my 'grown up' apartment. And yes, I do realize that this quest will continue for years and years. I love that fact.
The chairs will match whatever sofa I choose. I purchased two of the Gold Damask Dining Chair, coplete with a beautiful gold paisley back. Gorgeous. I plan on finding a tiny side table to place in between them with a cute little lamp. I'm sitting in one now, in my parents living room. It matches their stuff perfectly... which makes my mother jealous. ha. I believe I am well on my way for having a grown up apartment if my mother is jealous of my furniture.
Anyhow - Back to how I dont remember the apartment. It's hard to visualize where to put furniture in a place I was in only once, for maybe 15 minutes. Long enough to judge the cleanliness, and stability, and generally deciding if the place was me-worthy. It apparently was, although I can no longer remember the colour of the living room! I know the kitchen is white. And I know the bathroom has ample storage. And I believe the bedrooms are painted a beigey/teracotta. But other than that, I have no idea what it looks like.
Time will tell. I will hold off on buying any other furniture until I actually move in.
Off to sit-around...
N.
It's not every day when your mother encourages you to spend your hard earned cash on two pretty chairs for an apartment you can hardly remember.
I had thought I decided on buying a matching sofa, chair, and ottoman by Cindy Crawford Home. You can only imagine the jokes of 'hanging out with Cindy'. However! Once more I made a visit to Pier 1, and found some pieces that will be a wonderful 'check' on my quest to complete my 'grown up' apartment. And yes, I do realize that this quest will continue for years and years. I love that fact.
The chairs will match whatever sofa I choose. I purchased two of the Gold Damask Dining Chair, coplete with a beautiful gold paisley back. Gorgeous. I plan on finding a tiny side table to place in between them with a cute little lamp. I'm sitting in one now, in my parents living room. It matches their stuff perfectly... which makes my mother jealous. ha. I believe I am well on my way for having a grown up apartment if my mother is jealous of my furniture.
Anyhow - Back to how I dont remember the apartment. It's hard to visualize where to put furniture in a place I was in only once, for maybe 15 minutes. Long enough to judge the cleanliness, and stability, and generally deciding if the place was me-worthy. It apparently was, although I can no longer remember the colour of the living room! I know the kitchen is white. And I know the bathroom has ample storage. And I believe the bedrooms are painted a beigey/teracotta. But other than that, I have no idea what it looks like.
Time will tell. I will hold off on buying any other furniture until I actually move in.
Off to sit-around...
N.
No comments:
Post a Comment