Once again I've neglected to post anything.. in like, 3 months. What can I say, I've been busy. The last thing I want to do in my spare time is stare at a computer.
So new things going on:
1) Apartment is great. I finally got my couch last friday - yes, 14 weeks later. CRAP. But, so worth it.
2) Got a cat. Or - rather, more like a kitten/tiger/dog. His name is Stuart, I got him at the end of September. I'm not sure he knows he's a cat. He greets me at the door, requests a hug by standing on hind legs with front arms spread, and sleeps on his back. It's weird, but he's lovely.
3) Work is going great. Super busy, multiple staff changes around making me step up to the plate hardcore, but I'm rocking out. I've made only two trips in the last 2 months - Up to Cold Lake Alberta. .which was a lovely 4 hour drive North of Edmonton, complete with cowboys on the side of the road, and Bison farms. Crazy, and then out to Nova Scotia. No trips planned for future, but I've been invited to Nunavut in January. Yikes.
4) Got glasses. Well, reading glasses. Yes, I know it's weird. But if your job is to write all day on a computer screen, and if all your conversations happen via email - you may need glasses too suckah!
5) Got the H1N1 vaccine last night. Mega pain today. I'm asthmatic, I get sick in the winter - and my godmother says there's a lot of unpublicized deaths of women in their twenties with no underlying health issues (she's a nurse). SO, I did that last night, and wasn't able to sleep a wink because of the throbbing, radiating pain throughout my shoulder/arm/neck.
That's it.. for now.. will write more later.
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment